I have a Minnesota LLC. I heard that it expires unless you renew it. What do I need to do to renew it?
How do I renew my LLC to keep it active?
Your LLC needs to be renewed each year beginning the year after it is formed/created.
Your LLC needs to be renewed each year beginning the year after it is formed/created. For example, if you formed your business in 2012, your first renewal would not be due until the end of 2013. You should receive a reminder from the Minnesota Secretary of State's Office outlining the options for online or paper filing, but it is a good idea to keep a reminder for yourself to take care of the filing regardless of whether you receive a notification. To file a Minnesota LLC renewal online:
- Visit http://mblsportal.sos.state.mn.us/
- Click on the appropriate tab to enter either your business name or file number, then click the [Search] button.
- Find your business in the list of results.
- Click on the link “Details” located on the right side of the page to access your business record.
- Click on [File Amendment or Renewal].